There are two ways to retrieve a statistical chart for basic analysis. It can be used either for a preliminary search result or for a project.
Statistical Chart for a Search Result
Patent Search offers basic analyses based on a variety of data after queries. To use this statistics feature, follow the steps below:
- A result is displayed after a data search.
- Click on the Statistical Chart button. This will take you to the statistics feature.
- In the Data Field section, you will see a drop-down menu. Use the drop-down menu to view the data fields you can select for a statistical chart to be based upon.
- After selecting the desired data field(s), a statistical chart will be displayed. In this case, two data fields were selected.
- Viewing charts in other formats (e.g., bar charts) is also possible, but this cannot be done for a time-related data field. Press the Bar Chart button for chart options, and then select the chart format that you prefer.
- You can also further narrow down your search by filtering your search by various parameters. Select the parameters you wish to filter by (on the left-hand side of the page), and then press Filter. If you cannot see the filter panel, make sure to click on the Expand to the left icon .