Identify potential quality issues in the portfolio through examining applications that did not withstand prosecution or challenges and finding those with novelty, non-obviousness, and indefiniteness issues in their prosecution and PTAB history.
Get an overview of the numbers and percentage of patents families with abandoned or revoked members and U.S. patents with potential quality issues in their history.
Abandoned and Revoked Family Members
This chart identifies the patents with potential quality issues brought on by family members being abandoned during the examination or revoked after being issued, possibly resulting from the inability to overcome prior art references found by the examiner.
- Click on the green portion of the donut chart to access the list of patent families with abandoned or revoked members.
- To find the families without quality issues, click on the gray portion of the donut chart to access the corresponding patent list.
- Abandoned Members: inactive patents that failed to overcome rejections and were abandoned during prosecution.
- Revoked Members: inactive patents that failed to overcome post-grant challenges and were revoked after issuance.
*This chart covers patents in countries with available legal status data (excluding WO), including: US, CN, JP, EP, KR, DE, GB, CA, FR, AU, ES, RU, AT, BR, MX, IT, BE, SE, CH, NL, NO, DK, FI, PL, IL, HU, CZ, GR, NZ, PT, and HK.
For more details on Patentcloud’s U.S. Patent File Wrapper Collection, please visit the Timely Data Completeness page.
Eligibility and Novelty Issues (US patents only.)
The chart provides information on the U.S. patents with eligibility, novelty, obviousness, and indefiniteness issues in their prosecution and PTAB history. A quality issue for a U.S. patent may reflect a similar quality concern for its patent family.
- Click on the green portion of the donut chart to access the list of U.S. patent families with quality issues in their histories.
- To find the families/applications without immediate quality issues based on their history, click on the gray portion of the donut chart to access the corresponding patent list.
- Click on any bar in the bar chart on the right to view the patent list for each specific issue.
*Patentcloud’s Quality Insights provides more in-depth prior art search tools and analyses.