Patentcloud’s Design Search allows users to search for design patents using images or designs. To get started, simply click on Design Search from the Product Menu. You will then be able to upload a drawing or image to use in a search.
- Upload a drawing or an image to the Design Search database.
You can crop the image or drawing to make sure that your image does not contain any irrelevant information such as other images or designs.
Once you have finished cropping, click on Complete (if you have cropped your image) or the close (X) button if no cropping has occurred.
- Once you have uploaded your image, you can refine your search by adding keywords, assignee/current assignee, application/issue date, and/or Locarno code to make the search more accurate and relevant. Then, click on the search button.
- The results of your search will be displayed, by default, according to visual similarity. The same set of filters as in the search page can be found on the left panel.
- You can enlarge the patent images within the search results. Simply click on a patent image to select and enlarge it.
- You can also compare the image that you have uploaded with a selected result. Hover over the search result and click on the “VS” icon. You will then be able to see a side-by-side comparison.