Patent Vault includes a powerful Memo Management feature that allows you to write and edit memos. Patent Search subscribers with Patent Vault can use this feature.
- After enabling memo mode from the toolbar, simply select any word, sentence, or paragraph in the patent text and click on the Add Memo tooltip:
- The Add New Memo editor will pop up, allowing you to write down your notes:
Click on Save and your new memo will appear in the memo tab on the left-hand side of the window.
- The text linked to the note is now highlighted in blue (once clicked) for easier retrieval:
- To add a memo to the entire patent document, click on the + button on the Memo tab:
- To add a memo to one of the figures, simply click on the figure and click on the + button located in the bottom right-hand corner:
- With Patent Vault, all the users sharing a project can collaborate and leave their comments on the same memo, with the discussion being organized in a chronological and collapsible thread.
- Stay up to date using Patent Vault - by accessing the Memo dashboard in the Overview tab of the shared project. A red badge will notify you of the number of unread memos: