Folder Management shows all your folders, its subfolders, and the corresponding patents.
The root folder () is called Patent list and the number beside it shows the count of unique patents you have stored in your account against the capacity of your Patent Vault project. The same patent or publication number saved in multiple folders will only be recorded as one (1) unique patent in your total.
Select any folder under Patent list and right-click to see the commands as shown below.
- Legal Status Monitoring: This tracks the status changes of the patents in this folder.
- Add Folder: This adds a subfolder from the folder name you have selected and right-clicked on. Click on the triangle arrow beside the selected folder to show the subfolder you have added.
- Delete Folder: This deletes the selected folder. Click on Confirm to execute.
- Move Folder: This moves the folder and its contents to another folder. Click on Confirm to execute.
- Copy Folder: This copies the selected folder to another folder.
- Edit Folder: This renames the selected folder. Press Enter on your keyboard to execute.
- Folder Color: This applies a color to your folder icons to quickly distinguish them. This is limited to four (4) choices.
Select any folder under your Patent list and access these different Folder Management functionalities as shortcuts.
|Move folder to another project or as a sub-folder to another folder|
|Copy folder to another project or as a sub-folder to another folder|
|Edit folder name|
|Change folder color|
|Expand/Collapse the folder tree structure|
|Import patents to this folder via Excel template|
If you click the Folder Combination button, you can create a combined folder either by union or intersection.
You can select 2 or 3 folders to create a combined folder by union or intersection.