As legal status is essential to your search, use Legal Status Monitoring to track the status changes of your selected patents. For Patent Search Premium users and Patent Vault subscribers only, this function allows you to receive email and system alerts when there are developments from pending, active, or inactive status.
- To get started, go to your Project list and select the folder you want to use this function on.
- To add Legal Status Monitoring, go to Folder Management and simply right click on the folder you want to apply this to.
- Create your settings as necessary.
You can filter the legal status process of the patents to fine-tune your monitoring. The picture above is the default setting. You can edit the legal status to your preferred setting, for example from Pending → Abandoned and pull out patents that match the status you set up.
- Easy Tracking of Updates at a Glance: Click Monitoring Overview in automatic monitoring tab to check out the legal status changes.
- Then, the overview of legal status will appear.
Monitoring Overview allows you to check which patents have been updated in terms of the legal status. Any updates to the patents are represented by green and grey; green represents new status updates and grey represents non-new status updates.
- Click on Legal Status to view a summary of changes in chart form.
There are the 7 most critical status types during the lifetime of a patent (from inactive to active and vice versa.) Legal Status Monitoring allows you to prepare or make the next move on the patents that you are interested in.