The reason for this situation may be the result of the setting of "Stemming" which enables users to include other forms of a term, such as verb and verb+ing, in the search results. Therefore, there can be patents which have a verb or other forms of the keyword but do not have the exact keyword in the patents. If you want PS to show the exact term only, simply deselect the "Stemming" feature in the "Settings" as below image.
Articles in this section
- I used "quotation" to search for exact phrase, but why do some patents, without the phrase, are showing up?
- I am given a coupon code, so how can I use it?
- How do I import patents correctly into Patent Vault?
- How do I sort my search results on PS?
- How to adjust the number of search results shown on a single page on PS?
- Is there a way to use a query that screens out the "old" publication patent number with the same application number given it has been issued?
- Derwent JP Number Conversions
- The keyword doesn't appear in the patents of the search results on PS
- I want all words with the same root word to be highlighted on the patent page. Is this possible?
- I want to highlight the synonyms of my queried keyword in the same color. How do I do this?