Below are the latest updated features and improvements for Patent Search, Patent Search Premium and Quality Insights. Improvements have been implemented based on user requirements and suggestions. The highlighted features include Advanced Search (only available for PSP users), Quick Search, and Number Search.
The New Advanced Search (Only Available for Premium Users)
- The Count feature easily indicates the numbers of patents that match your search.
- You can combine, filter and view the match results on one page for more accuracy and ease of viewing.
- The new Advanced Search easily displays the results that match your keyword search and query search.
1. After selecting your syntax, type your search into the box next to it. Choose your operator if you have more than one keyword search.
2. You must click on Count to view the matching patent results.
3. Click Apply, your keyword search will then appear in the query box below.
4. If you are interested in more than one query search, click on the combination tab to combine your queries in the blue box.
5. Click on Count to view your matches.
6. Click on Apply to view your results.
- Be sure that the boolean operators in the settings box are only used for keywords search and Not query. The Query logical operators are located in the combination tab.
- Be sure to always click on Count first to generate results.
- Extended search will show the keyword expansions for your keyword search.
- Search history will help you to retrieve your past search queries.
The New Quick Search (For all Users)
- You will find that our new landing page is much cleaner. All of our old features (filters for patent offices, types, and status etc.) will still be available in the settings tab.
All previous Advanced Search features (keyword, party, patent ranking etc.) will be moved to Quick Search located in the dropdown underneath the search box.
- Click on the dropdown arrow to input more specific keyword searches.
1. Click on the dropdown to show more specific search filters.
2. Select your syntax and operators in the first dropdown.
3. Click on Convert to Query. Your keyword will then appear in the correct search format in the search box above.
4. The correct query will appear in the search box with the right syntax.
5. Click on the search icon to see your results on the next page.
- You can now also check your search history next to the Convert to Query tab.
Introducing "Number Search"
- The new Number Search offers you the capability of searching without the hassle of typing in patent or application syntax. It is a design made to optimize patent search and improve the accuracy by eliminating any irrelevant searches.
User Experience Improvement
- By clicking on any one of the items listed under the Descriptions column, you will be able to use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature to compare the original OA (Office Action) with the OCR version. This allows you to edit, copy, paste, and access the content directly.
- You can highlight content by the keywords in different colors to accelerate the reading process and avoid missing important paragraphs.